Due to the ongoing uncertainties relating to the pandemic, CAADRIA 2021 will be organised in a hybrid format, offering the possibility for in-person attendance in Hong Kong or online participation via a platform such as Zoom.
Registration fees are separated in online registration and additional ‘top-up’ tickets for in-person attendance. We encourage accepted paper authors and interested guest participants to register early for online participation, while the decision to register for in-person attendance can be made at a later time, closer to the conference dates.
While the costs for online participation are lower than in-person attendance, they represent the significant efforts that are required to organise an online conference, which result in the following benefits for participants:
- CAADRIA Membership 2021-2022
- a digital copy of the conference proceedings
- access to all online events, include keynote lectures, roundtable discussions, virtual networking sessions and virtual tours;
- for authors: a rigorous, two stage peer-review process offering valuable feedback on your research paper;
- for accepted authors: inclusion in the conference presentation and sharing sessions, discussing your work with peers and experts in your field;
- for accepted authors: inclusion of your paper in conference proceedings, which will be made available both online and in research libraries around the world and will be indexed in CUMINCAD, a cumulative index of publications about computer aided architectural design;
- a selection of accepted papers may be invited for a special issue of the International Journal of Architectural Computing (IJAC) or other affiliated journals.
The top-up tickets offer the possiblity of in-person attendance to the physical conference location in Hong Kong, from where participants can take part in all online events and in addition, can benefit from in-person experiences:
- access to the joint conference venues at the Chinese University of Hong Kong and the Asia Society Hong Kong;
- attendance of keynote lectures and roundtable sessions presented in person and/or on a large format screen, depending on the physical presence of the speakers;
- in-person networking sessions supported by complimentary coffee breaks and lunches;
- interaction with our physical exhibition of poster submissions and workshop outcomes;
- attendance to evening social events, such as welcome drinks and the conference dinner;
- participation in conference tours to local architectural sites.
CAADRIA 2021 Support Grants Programme
A “CAADRIA 2021 Support Grant” programme has been set up with the aim to increase connections with regions and institutions that are currently underrepresented in the CAADRIA community. This grant will cover grantees’ online conference registration fees and will be awarded to select individual students, academics or professionals who have successfully passed the conference paper peer-review process and need financial support for conference registration. A total of 25 support grants will be given. Priority will be given to individuals from currently underrepresented Asian countries and/or institutes.
Application procedures for the CAADRIA 2021 Support Grant will be announced on this website soon. Interested individuals are invited to submit their application after their notification of full paper acceptance, and wait with their conference registration until the results are announced on Friday 29 January 2021.
Online participation registration fees:
|Regular (Early Bird)||HKD 1,500.00|
|Regular (Full Price)||HKD 1,750.00|
|Student (Early Bird)||HKD 500.00|
|Student (Full Price)||HKD 750.00|
|CAADRIA 2021 Support Grant||HKD 0.00|
Top-up tickets for in-person attendance:
|Regular (Early Bird)||HKD 1,250.00|
|Regular (Full Price)||HKD 1,250.00|
|Student (Early Bird)||HKD 1,000.00|
|Student (Full Price)||HKD 1,000.00|
Early bird registration ends on 7 February 2021
Each Attendee Must Register
- No refund is given for cancellation of any reason.
- Registrations cannot be transferred to another person.
- A valid student ID is required to be uploaded during payment for student registration.
- To be eligible for publication, each paper requires one conference registration. Multiple submissions by the same author are subject to multiple registrations.
Participation in all workshops is free for registered conference participants.